Basic overview of the Extra Biomes XL Mod:
The Extra Biomes XL Mod is a collaborative and open-source project set up to provide more variety and experience with biomes in Minecraft. The mod was originally set up by the developer Mister_Fiber, but has since been taken up by the community of Minecraft and has grown into a team movement. The mod itself uses other mods to support it such as the More Plants and Leaves mod, and the team highly recommends downloading those to optimise experience.
How to use the Extra Biomes XL Mod:
There is no real way to use the Extra Biomes XL Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. Simply load up the mod and all of the features should already be enabled automatically.
Extra Biomes XL Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Extra Biomes XL Mod:
- Some of the biomes in this mod include the likes of Alpine, which is made of of mostly forest.
- Autumn Woods, Birch Forest, Extreme Jungle and Forested Hills are also in the mod.
- Alternatively there is a Glacier biome, as well as meadows and shrubland.
- The mod is available for the latest patch of Minecraft 1.7.4.
How to Install the Extra Biomes XL Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.7.4 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Extra Biomes XL Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Extra Biomes XL Mod:
- The latest changelog for the Extra Biomes XL Mod updated it to Minecraft 1.7.4 and made it compatible for servers.