Basic overview of the Gregs Lighting Mod:
The Gregs Lighting Mod allows for a much broader light source for Minecraft. When you have an area needing a significant amount of light but torches and glowstone won’t cut it, Greg’s lighting is here to step in with floodlights. The mod is available for the latest patch of Minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.8, and can also be installed for SMP and single player client. The mod changes the lighting in Minecraft and the way it works, giving your world a much better look to it.
How to use the Gregs Lighting Mod:
- To use the mod, you first of all need to install the mod with the help of Concrete Mod. Then you can simply load up your latest Minecraft game and enjoy its features automatically.
Gregs Lighting Mod Video Showcase:
There is currently no public video showcase for the Gregs Lighting Mod.
Key Features of the Gregs Lighting Mod:
- There are two floodlights added with this mod. One runs on a new type of fuel source: calcium carbide.
- You make that by combining charcoal with bonemeal. Add that with a water source and the carbide floodlight is now functional.
- You will still need a redstone source or lever to power the light but this is a relatively cheap method for an exceptional amount of light.
- The mod is available for the latest patch of Minecraft 1.8, SMP and Client.
How to Install the Gregs Lighting Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.8 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Gregs Lighting Mod:
- The latest update ported the entire mod to Minecraft 1.7.10, it also works with 1.8.