Basic overview of the Highlands Mod:
The Highlands Mod is a great landscape and nature based mod that aims to expand the graphics and physics of Minecraft. The Highlands mod is one of the largest and most expansive mods I have ever reviewed, it has been in production for a while and the hard work by the developers has surely paid off. Instead of just adding one to five biomes like most mods do, the Highlands Mod adds over 40 new biomes, all of which have different characteristics and features.
How to use the Highlands Mod:
There is no real way to use the Highlands Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. When loading all of the mods features should be automatically enabled.
Highlands Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Highlands Mod:
- The Highlands Mod adds in over 40 new types of varied and eclectic biomes, including Autumn Forest and Badlands.
- Fourteen news are also added into the Minecraft landscape.
- The mod also adds many new and small useful plants that can be used for a variety of crafting recipes.
- There’s a reason it’s called Highlands, this mod adds in 256 block high mountains!
- It is also compatible with both singleplayer and server multiplayer.
How to Install the Highlands Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.7.4 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Highlands Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Highlands Mod:
- There most recent update for the Highlands Mod added compatibility to Minecraft 1.7.4.