Basic overview of the Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod:
This mod replaces the normal drops of cows chickens and pigs with an item version of them. You must then hang the dead cow/chicken/pig on a meat hook and use a filet knife to skin them then use a cleaver to obtain the meat/leather/feathers that they would normally drop. This mod is available for the latest patch of Minecraft 1.8. and can be downloaded right away.
How to use the Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod:
There is no real way to use the Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. When loading all of the mods features should be automatically enabled.
Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod:
- Make sure you build a freezer with ice blocks if you plan on storing your meat, if you don’t it will rot very quickly after being placed, alternatively you can smoke them with lava which will also preserve them.
- Ice blocks must be directly touching the animal or lava can be up to 5 blocks below it to prevent rot.
- Meat will eventually rot if you carry it around with you, so place it in an ice chest to preserve it.
- You can now also cook your animals on a spit over a fire! see the screen shot for how to set up a spit.
How to Install the Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.8. by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Endangered Mobs Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod:
- There are currently no public changelogs for the Meat Hooks/Butcher Mod.