Basic overview of the Pirates Mod:
The Pirates Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4 is a brand new mod created by the developer ‘KoadMaster’. The creator of this mod has been working on it for over a year but has only just lately released a work in progress. And I am very glad that he did because this mod is amazing. If you have ever wanted to experiment with realistic pirate features instead of the typical cliche then this mod is for you. This mod actually adds extensive and well thought out functions to your Minecraft game that give it a professional feel.
How to use the Pirates Mod:
- The base of this mod is a resource called ‘slag iron’. (Which is a scientific term and isn’t a joke!) However you can only get the ‘slag iron’ my smelting iron ores, doors and buckets in a new machine. This new machine called the Smelter can be created like this!
Pirates Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Pirates Mod:
- Currently there is a few mobs and friendlies added with this mob: Grenade, Cutlass and Grenade Zombies.
- A work in progress mob is the ‘Rat’ which still needs to be updated to 1.7.4.
- This mod also tweaks the World Generation. Once you have installed this mod you will begin to see ships, sunken ships, sea rocks, coral and other sea plants spawning in your game.
- You can now also create a fishing net which will slowly allow you to get fish!
- You can also craft cool weapons like the Cutlass and the Musket!
How to Install the Pirates Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge to correctly run this mod.
- Download Minecraft Forge by clicking here.
- Next, download the Pirates Mod and drag and drop the .zip files into the ‘resoucepacks’ folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Then open up your Minecraft game and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Pirates Mod:
UPDATE 0.3.2: Tweaked the damage of the main gun types, tweaked damage of the bayonet and fixed the spawn rate of Pirates. Extra armour has been added to some mobs, but to balance it out they now do less damage.