Basic overview of the Portal Gels Mod:
The Portal Gels Mod, or more formally known as the Gels+ mod is a new mod that takes on a new idea. The gels from Portal have been consistently added into Minecraft, but this mod seems to do things a little differently. This mod actually allows other modders to add their own custom gels into the mod without having to waste any item/block ID’s. It therefore will automatically update and have new features more often than other gel mods.
How to use the Portal Gels Mod:
There is no real way to use the Portal Gels Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. Simply load up the mod and all of the features should already be enabled automatically.
Portal Gels Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Portal Gels Mod:
- First of all you need to craft some blobs, recipe found below, as they are the base form of all added gels.
- Then you can either create the blue or orange gel, one will give you super speed, and one super bounce.
- You can throw these gels with the aid of buckets, or you can craft a gel dispenser.
How to Install the Portal Gels Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.7.4 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Portal Gels Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Portal Gels Mod:
- The latest changelog for the Portal Gels Mod updated it to Minecraft 1.7.4. The mod does not have that many features, but it does support other modders in the community via open source.