Basic overview of the Portal Gun Mod:
There are many Portal mods out there, but the Portal Gun mod is one of the best, simply due to its simplicity and ease of use. Server owners have struggled for years to install portal mods on their servers because of how complex the mods usually are. The Portal Gun mod however, is installed as a plugin with bukkit, and allows server owners to have portals on their map WITHOUT the need for installing client side mods.
How to use the Portal Gun Mod:
There is no real way to use the Portal Gun Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. When loading all of the mods features should be automatically enabled.
Portal Gun Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Portal Gun Mod:
- Allows server owners to have portals on their map without the need for a client side install.
- Right click whilst holding the portal gun to fire a blue portal, and left click to fire an orange one.
- The blocks hit are replaced with orange/blue wool, and then you can travel through the portals.
- The portal gun will not work on bedrock or glass.
How to Install the Portal Gun Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.7.4 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Portal Gun Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of Portal Gun Mod:
- The latest update for the Portal Gun Mod updated it to the latest patch of Minecraft 1.7.4. The developer released all of the mod’s planned items upon initial release, so there is little chance of any future updates.