Basic overview of the Dalek Mod:
This mod is also often referred to simply as the ‘Doctor Who Mod’.
The Dalek Mod is a very extensive and clever ‘Doctor Who’ based mod made by the creator ’1WTC’. The Dalek mod should not be confused with the ‘Doctor Who Client’ mod, which actually changes Minecraft completely. The Dalek Mod however lets you maintain your Minecraft save file whilst also playing with notable Doctor Who features.
How to use the Dalek Mod:
To use the Dalek Mod, you first of all need to download and install the mod with the help of Minecraft Forge. After this, follow the easy to understand crafting recipes and enjoy your favorite Doctor Who items!
Dalek Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Dalek Mod:
- This mod has many features that would satisfy even the most fanatic of Doctor Who fans! I will only be talking about my favourite overall features, to find out more I guess you will have to download it!
- There is a new biome in the game known as the ‘Corrupted biome’. This biome will have Netherrrack as its main material resource, so it now its easier to get hold of it!
- The are many new mobs in the game, but the ones that are catching the eyes of the community are the ‘Daleks’ and the ‘Cybermen’.
- There is also a Tardis, ‘Bessie’, which is the 3rd Doctor’s car, and ‘Iron Sides’ which is a craftable friendly Dalek!
- You can also have access to a Sonic Screwdriver. Which is a very useful tool that can manipulate any form of Minecraft technology. You can light TNT, open Iron doors and so much more!
How to Install the Dalek Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.6.2 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Dalek Mod and drag and drop the .zip files into the ‘.mods’ folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Dalek Mod:
UPDATE 1.6.2: The latest update for the Dalek Mod added some new features for the feared Daleks. And a bug with ranged rendering was also fixed.