Basic overview of the Thirst Mod:
The Thirst Mod adds in a new feature to the game, the ability to feel thirsty! The developer has added in a new GUI which clearly displays the players need for water, and there are several ways you can please this need. The mod can also be installed for client and servers, and fits well into most mod packs because of its high compatibility.
How to use the Thirst Mod:
There is no real way to use the Thirst Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. When loading all of the mods features should be automatically enabled.
Thirst Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Thirst Mod:
- Drinking from water bottles is 100% safe, but gives little nourishment.
- Drinking from the sea, rivers and ponds is not safe, it actually makes you intoxicated, but is good for emergencies.
- Drinking purified water is the most safe and nourishing way of clearing your thirst.
- If you don’t drink, then you will slowly get dizzy and eventually become unconscious.
- Craft purified water with a sugar cane, a water bottle and a golden nugget.
How to Install the Thirst Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.8 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Thirst Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Thirst Mod:
- The latest update for the Thirst Mod added in the ability to drink from ponds. The mod was also updated to the latest patch of Minecraft 1.8.0, and also lowered the amount of water that the player actually has to drink.