Basic overview of the Xaero Minimap Mod:
The Xaero Minimap Mod is just one of many minimap attempts in Minecraft. The most famous of course being Zan’s Minimap! I personally believe that this instance of the feature beats its rivals, without a doubt. The minimap is easy to see, smooth in play, works everywhere in Minecraft, displays every item in the game with a specific key colour, and overall just has so much more quality than other minimap mods.
How to use the Xaero Minimap Mod:
There is no real way to use the Xaero Minimap Mod you first of all need to download it with Minecraft Forge and then you can load up your latest save game. When loading all of the mods features should be automatically enabled.
Xaero Minimap Mod Video Showcase:
Key Features of the Xaero Minimap Mod:
- Works both above and under ground, that means you won’t get lost in caves!
- Displays mobs on the map as yellow dots, very useful for not being caught off guard by creepers!
- Displays players on the map as white dots, compatible with servers!
- Displays all the other entities such as arrows and item frames as purple dots.
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Edit mode which lets you move the minimap whereever you desire.
- Compatible with the Better PVP Plugin for Bukkit servers.
How to Install the Xaero Minimap Mod:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.8 by clicking on this bullet point.
- Next, download the Xaero Minimap Mod and drag and drop it into the .minecraft/mods folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Launch Minecraft and enjoy your new mod!
Changelogs of the Xaero Minimap Mod:
- The latest update for the Xaero Minimap Mod increased the overall performance of the minimap three-fold! Developer did note that this could cause some FPS lag with slower computers. He also made some small tweaks and bug fixes.